From: $0.00 for 1 month
- Full access to 3 comprehensive robotics lesson designed to inspire and teach.
Materials for each lesson include:
- extensive introduction to the lesson illustrated with graphics and animation,
- detailed building instructions for building the LEGO robot,
- step-by-step programming guide,
- educational mini games and other extras,
- printable lesson plan for the teacher – a great source for ideas and assistance,
- access to RoboCAMP's teacher's handbook.
- Bonus access to two Scratch-only programming lessons for kids ages 9 and up.
- LEGO WeDo or Mindstorms Education set
- LEGO WeDo or Mindstorms Software or Scratch software
- an Internet connection
The model of a biplane is composed of two parts: the base plate which powers the biplane and the aircraft model itself. Both parts are connected via step-up gear transmission which rotates the propeller in accordance with the reading of the distance sensor attached. During the exercise we discuss aviation history milestones and pioneer constructions in the world of flying machines.
exercise designed for LEGO WeDo
The helicopter model, exactly like its real life equivalent, uses intricately designed gear configuration to power both the main and the tail rotor. The cooperation between those two rotors is essential to precisely control this light aircraft. The machine is equipped with a distance sensor, whose readout determines the motor’s power and thus the velocity of rotation of the rotors. The lesson is a great time to discuss advantages and disadvantages of using helicopters.
exercise designed for LEGO Mindstorms NXT
The motorcycle model consists of two modules connected in a very inticate way. The smaller part, the motorcycle itself, follows a cirlce-shaped path and is driven by a motor, that is placed steadily with the EV3 brick in the distance. The design of a driveshaft with bevel gear trains allows transmitting the power to the moving model. The infrared sensor can automatically count the laps made by the motorcycle by detecting movement taking place in front of it. During the lesson we talk about the design of motorcycles and how it’s been changing through the times.
exercise designed for LEGO Mindstorms Ev3
Space Explorer is a single player game in which a space shuttle is maneuvered through the asteroid field. The player uses arrow keys to control the shuttle and a space key to fire a laser missile in order to destroy asteroids. The aim is to survive as long as possible.